Monday, March 03, 2008

Wow, it's March!!!!!! I've had a very busy few months and unfortunately it hasn't included riding. That's about to change though with the BPMS150 coming up in just over a month, not to mention the Tour of Houston this weekend and the Tour of Dallas the first weekend of April. Let me give you a little update on the personal side of things since my last posting.

The end of 2007 ended my 28 1/2 year career with Occidental Petroleum. Some might say that's too bad after all that time but don't be too hasty to send condolences. As of January 1st I have been incredibly busy doing things that I love. Half of my time I work with a great company in Houston, The Tagos Group, who specializes in "Green" supply chain services for business and industry.

The other half of my time I am Director of Event Development for Best Buddies International. After leading the largest team, TeamOxy to the largest fundraising effort in Best Buddies history, Best Buddies asked me to help in creating three new rides in the US. We hope to see them in Texas, Washington DC and Seattle. Along with developing these rides I'll also be supporting the California ride by working with TeamOxy and assisting other corporate teams in corporate team development and fundraising for the Hearst Castle ride and other charitable events. It doesn't get much better.

Well, maybe it does........Spending a week promoting Best Buddies and the Best Buddies Challenges at the Tour of California, meeting all the top cycling professionals, seeing them with the Buddies, riding in the Tour Caravan and just enjoying the company of all those associated with putting on one of the greatest cycling events in the world. That's GREAT!!!!! I'll post a few pictures from the Tour of California over the next few days. Got a few folks to put up here, Paolo Bettini, George Hincapie, Tom Boonen, Levi and Floyd Landis.

Stay tuned, we're about ready to really rev
things up. There's even a new website coming.....www.bicycleamercia.net

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Bill. Seems like a good retirement plan; charity & environmental work, cycling, event planning. We appreciate your efforts. I was introduced to you at AToC. You were touring the start with everybody's good friend, Richard Fries. I look forward to seeing you at Best Buddies events.