Monday, April 28, 2008

I know, I'm just a little slow at editing this thing. It's been a little hectic since the Tour of California. I did get a couple of short rides in, the Tour of Houston and the Tour of Dallas. Both were nice rides and it was great to ride with the OxyChem folks in the Tour of Dallas. I just love that ride.

Thought I'd do a little something different so I wore my Oman Cycling Club jersey which we sponsored when I was at Oxy. It's the jersey the Omani national cycling team will wear in the Asian Games. Pretty cool! You can see from the picture below part of the reason I love this ride. You have a great view of downtown and then you go out around White Rock Lake and back to downtown.


Of course, the week after the Tour of Dallas was the 2008 BPMS150. Another great weekend for a great cause. Richard Fries came from Boston to ride and Mark Lewis from Best Buddies in Miami came to see how the really big rides are produced. I rode part of Saturday with Richard, but after not riding very much and having the worst headwind the ride has had in years, my day was pretty much done by Bellville. I gave Mark the tour the rest of the day and photographed Oxy riders along the way. Richard rode the second day with Gordie Wilkinson and several of the Oxy riders but he and Gordie were the only two who ended up finishing together. They almost got to Austin before Mark and I did in the truck!

I'll add pictures as soon as I get them from Richard. Here's one I have of him finishing in Austin.

Of course my real adventures didn't start until mid day on Sunday when I get the call that says don't worry, the fire department is here and the fire is out!!!!

Just a little kitchen fire. Unfortunately, the smoke damage and rebuilding will keep us out until August. The upside, we needed to paint and our hotel, for now, is in The Woodlands and I can go our the front door and ride on great streets and bike paths without having to ride up a very dangerous stretch of Gosling Road to get there. There's always a bright side!!!! Did I mention that I was with Richard Fries during both the truck accident and the fire? Hmmmm.

No comments: